Thursday, June 16, 2011

Vegas Trip Day 1+2

So my flight was scheduled to leave at 9:00pm on Tuesday. I arrive at the airport at 7:15ish, and 10 minutes later I've cleared customs and I'm ready to board in what was the easiest process I've ever experienced. Plane left on time, landed on time. Props to Westjet for a great flight.

Land in Vegas, go over to the Signature Suites at MGM where I'm staying, and go to check in, rooms are over-booked, so I've been upgraded thanks to said late arrival, to a one bedroom suite. This suite is absolutely absurd. 2 bathrooms with 2 showers, one with a jacuzzi and TV in it. Fully stocked kitchen with stove, dishwasher and full dishes. Full size fridge and freezer. Can't complain. I basically check in, watch some TV and go to sleep.

Day 1 of actual play was relatively light, there wasn't anything super good going on in town, Venetian had a seniors event, Caesers had a $100 buyin, the WSOP was a $2500 6-max where I figured my edge probably wasn't what it needed to be to play that high so I sat it out, went with some friends to play a tournament at the Golden Nugget they were playing.

Structure was outstanding, player field was absolutely absymal. If I saw anything resembling 2 cards, that tournament was mine. As it stood, I just 3-bet and bluffed my way to never dipping below 60 BB at any point, until I raised CO with 9/6hh, flop came J/4/2 with two hearts, the caller from the SB check called my c-bet on the flop. Turn was a 3c to give me a straight draw as well, so when he checked I continued barrelling, and he flatted again. River was a 10h, and he led for full pot. I flatted, he flashed K8hh and won the pot.

From there I worked my way a bit deeper, getting into the 90's of the 250 that started, hovered around 35 BB, when there was a min-raise UTG with blinds at 500/1k to 2k, then someone made it 7k, me with 35 BB squeezed out AKdd so I 3-bet shipped and the initial 3-better of course had AA and held(despite me having the world on the turn....at least as much as would have been possible, board was Q/10/6/3 with two diamonds by the turn). Felt like I played outstanding to survive as long as I did being so insanely card dead(prior to the AK bust hand, the best hand I saw was 88, in 6 hours of poker).

After the tourney, Griff, St.Jean and David had all busted the $2500 6-max(Griff lost AA to QQ for an early monster-monster stack collision when a Q fell on the river). We all had money riding on the Bruins to win, so I went over to Vdara to watch the game with them, then we just chilled for the night. Went to go see a movie(Super 8, which was fantastic), played some PS3, just relaxed for the evening.

Tomorrow the real down and dirty begins. Venetian Deepstack $340, then I think Caesers Palace on Friday for a $340, then I'm undecided on the weekend between $550 Venetians or $1500 WSOP events...we'll see how it all plays out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you played pretty well during the tourney.